- New signing Wesley Sneijder should start on the bench.
- Emmanuel Eboue's participation in the AFCON means that club idol Sabri will start at right back.
- In the rare case of Sneijder starting, Fatih Terim will likely field a 4-2-3-1 formation with one of Johan Elmander or Burak Yilmaz relegated to the bench.
- Hugo Almeida is a major doubt while Manuel Fernandes should start on the bench.
- New signing Dentinho could make a surprise start.
- Besiktas are on the longest unbeaten streak (11) in the league.
- The stats surrounding this match are quite interesting as Galatasaray are undefeated in their last 5 games against Besiktas in all competitions, while Besiktas are undefeated in their last 11 matches in the Super Lig. Galatasaray are only two points above Besiktas in the standings but it is Besiktas that have proven to be more dangerous as they have the best attack in the league, with 40 goals.
- If Almeida and Fernandes don't make it then Galatasaray will believe they are firm favorites to win this, especially with the excitement of Sneijder entering in the second half. Besiktas' exclusion from Europe this year means they can solely concentrate on the league, so their priorities are set in stone.
- Traditionally, Gala-Fener and Besiktas-Fener are more intense derbies, but both these sides are above Fenerbahce at the moment and victory here could prove instrumental in attaining the Super Lig title, so this will be an intense game.
Who do you think will be WhoScored's Man of the Match? Let us know in the comments below!