- Manager Chris Hughton has confirmed that Alexander Tettey and Ryan Bennett will continue to miss out having done so against Swansea at the weekend.
- He also stated that right-back Steven Whittaker, who netted his first goal for the club in the win at the Liberty Stadium, and Wes Hoolahan are both doubts.
- Howson will keep his place in the midfield, while Russell Martin could move to right back to allow Michael Turner to return in the middle if Whittaker is unable to recover.
- Paul Lambert will be forced into a change as Ashley Westwood is cup-tied having had a prolonged run in the first team of late.
- Ireland, El Ahmadi and Delph are all in competition to take his place, with the latter perhaps favoured as a more defensive option.
- Villa may continue to play with a back three and wing backs in the absence of captain Ron Vlaar, while the manager must choose whether to stick with Guzan or restore Given in goal as he did in the last round against Swindon.
- There may well be a reunion of Leeds United players in either midfield as the likes of Howson, Johnson and Snodgrass could come up against Fabian Delph for the visitors.
- Norwich are on a superb run of late, unbeaten in 9 in the league including an away draw at Villa Park having dominated the second half against the 10-man home side. Villa, however, have also been far more solid recently, without a defeat in 4, so this should be a good game.
- Neither team will want it, but this may go the whole distance and into extra time, with Norwich's home support perhaps giving Hughton's side the edge.
Who do you think will be WhoScored's Man of the Match? Let us know in the comments below!