- England trio Jermain Defoe, Daniel Sturridge and Michael Carrick have all withdrawn from the squad through injury and no replacements have been called up.
- Jack Wilshere has also been in fine form of late and is in line for a start, though he will more likely appear from the bench.
- Ashley Cole is in line to pick up his 100th England cap.
- Dante is set for his international debut alongside David Luiz at the heart of the defence, but Luiz Felipe Scolari also has the option of the more experienced Miranda.
- With Hernanes ruled out through injury, Ronaldinho will go straight back into the Brazil starting lineup, with Lucas Moura on the bench.
- Luis Fabiano is expected to start having been drafted back in by the new head coach, and will provide some experience to complement the youth also on show.
- International friendly week is rarely looked forward to in England as much as it will be this time around, with Brazil facing England at Wembley in this fixture.
- The likes of Neymar and co. will be back at Wembley after playing in the Olympics last summer, but he will be joined by more experienced players such as Ronaldinho and Julio Cesar, around whom there will be much excitement ahead of the game.
- England have a few in-form players in Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard and it will be interesting to see if they can combine well and produce the kind of performances that they so often have done at club level but failed to on the international stage. Hopefully, given the statuses of the teams involved, this won't be a damp squib, and we will see a good match.
Who do you think will be WhoScored's Man of the Match? Let us know in the comments below!