- Laurent Koscielny serves his one game suspension after being sent off for a professional foul early on against Manchester City at the weekend.
- Mikel Arteta is expected to miss the next 5 games for Arsenal due to the calf strain that kept him out of the City game.
- Giroud could start up front after Walcott was rather unimpressive last time out, while Ramsey could get a start in his preferred central position.
- Michu is likely to start after scoring twice at the Emirates earlier in the season and then coming off the bench to net the first goal when these sides met in the FA Cup.
- Neil Taylor is their only absentee, so Michael Laudrup has a lot of choice in his team selection.
- Arsenal, with 2 draws and a win in 2013, will be extremely keen to kick-start their year with victory here, not only to progress to the next round of the competition, but almost just as much to give the team the confidence boost they are in need of.
- The away team will be confident having won this fixture in the league with 2 late Michu goals back at the beginning of December, but the Gunners will be wary not to succumb to the same fate.
- Arsenal were thoroughly outplayed by Manchester City, but played the vast majority of the game with 10 men. They should get back to winning ways, but Swansea will not make it easy for them.
Who do you think will be WhoScored's Man of the Match? Let us know in the comments below!