- Paul Dickov has a near fully fit squad to choose from as he seeks to stop the rot that has seen his side lose 7 of their last 9 away matches in all competitions.
- Their only win in that run was the 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest in the last round of the FA Cup.
- Christian Montano will definitely miss out through injury.
- The doubtful Reina, Johnson and Flanagan are all likely to miss out, with other squad members getting a chance in this game.
- Luis Suarez will probably be rested, but Steven Gerrard may not get a rest despite playing regularly in the league.
- Martin Kelly and Jose Enrique remain absent through injury.
- With Oldham boss Paul Dickov under fire given recent results, he will want a win that could buy him a lot longer in charge of the club, particularly against a (fairly) local rival.
- Liverpool have improved massively in recent times, though, and won't want to be on the wrong end of a giant killing.
- The atmosphere will make it more difficult for the Premier League visitors, but not difficult enough to stop them from eventually getting the win.
Who do you think will be WhoScored's Man of the Match? Let us know in the comments below!