- Paul Dickov has a near fully fit squad to choose from as he seeks to stop the rot that has seen his side lose 7 of their last 9 away matches in all competitions.
- Their only win in that run was the 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest in the last round of the FA Cup.
- Christian Montano will definitely miss out through injury.
- The doubtful Reina, Johnson and Flanagan are all likely to miss out, with other squad members getting a chance in this game.
- Luis Suarez will probably be rested, but Steven Gerrard may not get a rest despite playing regularly in the league.
- Martin Kelly and Jose Enrique remain absent through injury.
- With Oldham boss Paul Dickov under fire given recent results, he will want a win that could buy him a lot longer in charge of the club, particularly against a (fairly) local rival.
- Liverpool have improved massively in recent times, though, and won't want to be on the wrong end of a giant killing.
- The atmosphere will make it more difficult for the Premier League visitors, but not difficult enough to stop them from eventually getting the win.