Who are we?
WhoScored.com consists of a dedicated team of football analysts and software developers with backgrounds in the sector, based in Central London. We have taken on the responsibility of providing you with valuable and unique content about a sport we all love and are passionate about.
We are a unique website and one of the fastest growing in the sports industry, specializing in the in-depth analysis of detailed football data. Provided with unique stats, we compile and create comprehensive analysis on the major European divisions, as well as providing data on over 500 leagues and 15,000 teams. With your support, WhoScored.com will continue to grow to become the biggest football website online.
- We cover over 500 tournaments, 15,000 teams, and 250,000 players
- Fast goal updates
- Live match centre with live performance ratings, match commentary and in-play statistics*
- Detailed statistics for the top 5 leagues in Europe and more using Opta**
- Statistical Best XI: The best 11 players of each week, month and year**
Player ratings are based on each event recorded in the game calculated live automatically using our own algorithms, which comprise of over 200 raw statistics. All events are valued based on a researched perception of the effect on the outcome of the match. Positive events are valued against negative events.
Team/Player characters are calculated relative to the league averages for certain team/player statistics. Some statistics are combined, e.g. ‘Stealing the ball', which equates to a combination of tackles and interceptions completed. In terms of player characters, we look at the average figures of the player performances of those who have played in the same positions to calculate strengths, weaknesses and styles.
- Probable starting 11
- Missing Players (injuries, suspensions etc)
- Team News
- Expert Prediction
- Expert articles based on our own detailed statistics*
- Our writers are all established and well known. They contribute to many great sites such as Guardian.co.uk, ESPN.co.uk, and more...
*Detailed statistics (Opta) for Premier League (England), Serie A (Italy), La Liga (Spain), Bundesliga (Germany), Ligue 1 (France), Championship (England), Eredivisie (Netherlands), Premier League (Russia), MLS (USA), Super Lig (Turkey), Serie A (Brazil) & UEFA Champions League & Europa League
**WhoScored.com’s unique algorithm