Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(5) 5 Goals 11 (11)
(3) 3 Assists 4 (6)
(6.7) 6.9 Average Ratings 7.2 (6.9)
33.4 Average Age 30.5
185.4 Average Height (cm) 181.9
(1.1) 1.3 Shots pg 1.4 (1.2)
(49%) 47% Aerial Duel Success 62% (59%)
(0.8) 0.7 Dribbles pg 1.1 (1)
(1.2) 1.1 Tackles pg 1.1 (1.4)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in World Cup Quarter Finals.
- Sebastian Larsson will return to the starting XI after missing their 1-0 win over Switzerland through suspension, but now Sweden have lost Mikael Lustig to a one-match ban.
- Larsson is expected to regain his place in the team at the expense of Gustav Svensson, while Emil Krafth is expected to deputise for Lustig. Other than that, few changes are expected from Janne Andersson on Saturday.
- Svensson could yet retain his place in midfield as
- Albin Ekdal is a doubt with a foot injury, but their is an expectation he will be okay to start.
- Jimmy Durmaz will also require a late fitness test due to a hip problem.
- England went all the way to penalties against Colombia on Tuesday night and Gareth Southgate revealed after the match that several players were dealing with injuries.
- Jamie Vardy required an injection after extra-time that prevented him from taking a penalty and he remains a serious doubt for Saturday afternoon, while Ashley Young, Dele Alli and Kyle Walker also came off with knocks.
- Southgate may look to bring in fresh legs for their World Cup quarter-final, with the likes of Marcus Rashford, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Danny Rose pushing for starts against Sweden.
- Walker, Henderson, Lingard and Loftus-Cheek are all one booking away from missing the semi-finals.