Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(65) 44 Goals 30 (40)
(43) 27 Assists 29 (32)
(6.6) 6.9 Average Ratings 6.8 (6.5)
27.6 Average Age 28.2
181 Average Height (cm) 183.3
(1) 1.1 Shots pg 1.1 (0.8)
(52%) 54% Aerial Duel Success 46% (49%)
(1) 0.8 Dribbles pg 0.6 (0.8)
(1.2) 1.1 Tackles pg 1 (1.1)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Premier League.
- Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer left his entire first-team squad behind for Thursday's long return trip to Kazakhstan, including first-team coaches Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna, to prepare for Sunday's welcome of Aston Villa.
- Solskjaer has hinted Scott McTominay could recover from an ankle injury quicker than expected to feature on Sunday. His return would be a welcome boost for the home side after they struggled in midfield without him against Sheffield United last weekend.
- As United are not blessed with midfield options, Andreas Pereira could get another spot in the starting XI despite such a poor showing against Sheffield United last time out in the Premier League. Juan Mata or Nemanja Matic, if fit, could replace the Brazilian.
- Phil Jones was hauled off at half-time against Sheffield United and is unlikely to play here. As Axel Tuanzebe featured against Astana in midweek, the only chance of United playing a back three against Villa is if Marcos Rojo recovers from injury.
- Luke Shaw made his long-awaited comeback from injury in midweek but will sit out against Villa. Brandon Williams scored his first senior goal last weekend and will hope to keep his place in the team ahead of Ashley Young.
- Dean Smith has no reason to make changes from the side that beat Newcastle 2-0 on Monday night.
- Conor Hourihane was key to ending Villa's three-game losing streak and should be rewarded with another start here, while Anwar El Ghazi, Douglas Luiz and Ezri Konsa should all keep their places.
Ole's Man United never dissapoints! They never stop making me laugh =DDD
@stefanm Ole is not DT for the MU
This United gets songs written about them, but not happy ones.
Surely it's an own goal not a rashford goal? Hit the post then bounced in off the keeper
match of two teams fighting against relegation. better to watch Lei-Eve
Man Utd will have a fresh side as they rested most of their players midweek. 3-0
@nexus747 I'll be shocked if Man Utd didn't win 2-1
$10 on Aston Villa to win
0-2 to 4-2 here.
Both teams to score. John McGinn to get a goal
100% mu win
@wde.tac ok if its 100% hahhahahhahahahahhaha
@RedBlackWhite well, that didnt go well buddy , didnt it
@stefanm I try to be positive, although now it is very difficult with the equipment we have.
@RedBlackWhite sure blame it all on the players, and not mention that fraud coach buddy..
absolute shocker 0-1 for Vila here
@stefanm your forecast was not given, always so empathic with the MU