Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(69) 44 Goals 20 (38)
(46) 33 Assists 11 (29)
(6.7) 6.9 Average Ratings 6.7 (6.6)
28.5 Average Age 28.7
183.2 Average Height (cm) 180.4
(1.2) 1.2 Shots pg 0.9 (0.7)
(50%) 50% Aerial Duel Success 46% (49%)
(0.9) 0.9 Dribbles pg 0.7 (1)
(1.3) 1.2 Tackles pg 1.1 (1.1)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Premier League.
- N'Golo Kante suffered an injury set-back for France and is not fit to play here.
- Andreas Christensen suffered a hamstring injury for Denmark and is out for two weeks.
- Reece James withdrew from England's U21 squad through injury and is a doubt.
- Antonio Rüdiger has started training outside again and is closing in on a return.
- Mateo Kovacic picked up a leg injury in Croatia's 1-1 draw with Wales but has trained since.
- Ross Barkley played well for England on Monday night and will push to start against Newcastle.
- Despite scoring twice for France in the break, Olivier Giroud is not expected to start here.
- Steve Bruce should stick with the same side that started their 1-0 win over Manchester United before the international break. This would see Longstaff brothers, Matt and Sean, start in central midfield.
- Isaac Hayden is still suspended for the away side, while Matt Ritchie and Florian Lejeune remain sidelined through injury.
- Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey were back on the bench against United after stints out injured.