Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(25) 11 Goals 4 (9)
(21) 10 Assists 2 (6)
(7) 7.3 Average Ratings 6.3 (6.2)
31.1 Average Age 28.8
186.3 Average Height (cm) 183.1
(1.4) 1.6 Shots pg 0.7 (0.7)
(57%) 68% Aerial Duel Success 50% (46%)
(1.1) 1.2 Dribbles pg 0.5 (0.3)
(1.1) 1.1 Tackles pg 1.3 (1)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in World Cup Qualification UEFA 1st Round Grp. E.
- Leicester midfielder Youri Tielemans has withdrawn from the Belgium squad through injury and is now sidelined for a few weeks. Toby Alderweireld is also ruled out.
- Romelu Lukaku only returned to light running for Chelsea last week so he wasn't called up by Roberto Martinez.
- Michy Batshuayi would usually come in for Lukaku but he too is unavailable so Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke may lead the line here.
- Hans Vanaken has played a direct hand in seven goals in three qualifiers for Belgium and is a more than capable replacement for Tielemans.
- Alternatively, Kevin De Bruyne could play deeper in Tielemans' role with Dries Mertens supporting Benteke and Eden Hazard.
- Alexis Saelemaekers, Timothy Castagne and Thomas Meunier are in competition to start at right wing-back.
- With Wales to come next, even though that game may mean nothing for Belgium, Robert Martinez may hold back some key players for that one.
- Vladislav Kreida and Henri Anier are back from bans for Estonia but now they have lost Märten Kuusk to suspension.
- Tottenham youngster Maksim Paskotsi has a good chance to start at centre-abck with Kuusk suspended.
- First-choice goalkeeper Karl Hein has withdrawn from the squad because of injury and will need replacing.
- Starting midfielders Mattias Kait and Bogdan Vastsuk have also pulled out of the squad through injury.