Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(50) 29 Goals 39 (62)
(42) 23 Assists 27 (45)
(6.5) 6.7 Average Ratings 6.8 (6.6)
27.1 Average Age 28.3
183.1 Average Height (cm) 181.8
(0.8) 1 Shots pg 0.9 (0.7)
(49%) 52% Aerial Duel Success 51% (49%)
(0.7) 0.7 Dribbles pg 0.6 (0.5)
(1.3) 1.1 Tackles pg 1.5 (1.5)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Premier League.
- Leon Bailey suffered a recurrence of a thigh injury from earlier in the season and he now faces several weeks out.
- Steven Gerrard believes Matt Targett will recover from a knock in time for the welcome of Leicester. Ashley Young is on standby.
- Jacob Ramsey is being monitored after picking up a few niggles over the last few weeks and may only make the bench here.
- Bertrand Traore and Trezeguet will miss out once again for the home side but Danny Ings has an outside chance of returning.
- James Maddison has three WhoScored Man of the Match awards in a row and six goal involvements in that time. Brendan Rodgers has confirmed he should be available despite a complaint with his glute.
- Boubakary Soumare came off at half-time in the 2-2 draw with Southampton so may be replaced in midfield at Villa Park. Youri Tielemans is back in training but may not make this one. The same is true of James Justin.
- Ayoze Perez, Patson Daka and Kelechi Iheanacho are pushing for recalls and Brendan Rodgers may even revert to a back three with Daniel Amartey coming back into the side.
Another win for Villa and they are playing well under new manager Gerrard.
BTTS and Leicester win
Steven G impact ... 4-2