Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(52) 38 Goals 28 (46)
(35) 27 Assists 22 (34)
(6.5) 6.6 Average Ratings 6.7 (6.6)
26.8 Average Age 29.3
177.3 Average Height (cm) 181.2
(0.8) 1.2 Shots pg 1 (0.9)
(50%) 46% Aerial Duel Success 48% (48%)
(0.9) 0.7 Dribbles pg 0.6 (0.8)
(1) 1.1 Tackles pg 1 (1.2)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Major League Soccer.
- The Earthquakes will be hoping home advantage is on their side as they welcome Columbus to San Jose on Saturday. The visitors ran riot in their season opener and will be keen to do the same against a San Jose side that finished in the basement last season.
- San Jose will have to keep the Crew at bay without Nathan, who has undergone surgery for a torn meniscus. The defender picked up the knee injury in the first half against New York Red Bulls and is expected to be out for up to two months.
- Shea Salinas is also out of action with a knee injury, while draft pick George Asomani is also doubtful due to a hip issue.
- Columbus were in formidable form in their first game of the season, putting four unanswered goals past a Vancouver side that made the playoffs last year. If they can play with the same attacking intent against a struggling San Jose, who finished 21st overall, it could be a bad day at the office for the Earthquakes.
- Kevin Molino is absent with a long-term injury, while Jake Morris and Josh Williams are also unavailable.
- Given the excellent performance, one would be surprised to see many changes to the starting line up. The front four were in ferocious form, every one of them contributing either a goal or an assist and even when Yaw Yeboah was withdrawn in the 69th-minute, his replacement Luis Diaz quickly found the back of the net.