Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(120) 81 Goals 30 (45)
(93) 46 Assists 22 (33)
(7) 7.2 Average Ratings 7 (6.9)
37.1 Average Age 36
184.8 Average Height (cm) 183.1
(1.2) 1.5 Shots pg 0.9 (0.8)
(57%) 60% Aerial Duel Success 53% (51%)
(0.8) 0.7 Dribbles pg 0.4 (0.5)
(1.5) 1.7 Tackles pg 1.8 (1.9)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Primera Division.
|Ángel Di María||Out||7.4|
- Real Madrid dropped another two points in the race for the title as they conceded from another late free-kick to draw 1-1 at Villarreal.
- The Yellow Submarine's equaliser also sparked a loss of discipline from the league leaders who subsequently had Sergio Ramos and Mesut Özil sent-off so they will miss out on this occasion.
- Lass Diarra is also suspended due to an accumulation of yellow cards and Pepe could yet be unavailable as well after he was reported for abusing the referee in the tunnel after the game.
- José Callejón is a doubt after he had to be replaced at half-time at El Madrigal but Fabio Coentrao could return despite being left out of the squad last time out for disciplinary reasons.
- Real Sociedad slipped to their second consecutive defeat as Levante became only the fourth side all season to win at Anoeta on Wednesday.
- The Basque side's task wasn't made any easier by the loss of Gorka Elustondo to a second yellow card early in the second-half so he and Dani Estrada will miss the trip to the Bernabéu through suspension.
- Estrada's absence in particular causes Philippe Montanier problems as with first-choice right-back Carlos Martínez still recovering from injury he may have to use one of his centre-backs on the right side of defence.
- Antoine Griezmann does though return from suspension and Montanier is expected to move Carlos Vela back into the lone striker role to accommodate the Frenchman.