- After victory over Norwich last time out Sam Allardyce may keep changes to his side to a minimum, with James Tomkins perhaps keeping his place ahead of Collins, who returns from suspension.
- Having missed the game in midweek, however, captain Kevin Nolan should return, with Matty Taylor's performance last time out perhaps ensuring he keeps his place ahead of Matt Jarvis.
- However, Joe Cole is available to face Manchester United after completing a free transfer from Liverpool and he will also hope to be in contention.
- The likes of Evans, Evra, Carrick and van Persie are all likely to be rested, but Ferguson will field a strong side nonetheless.
- Shinji Kagawa should start as he returns to full fitness, along with captain Nemanja Vidic.
- Elsewhere Phil Jones should be back in contention to start at right-back while Alexander Buttner will get a rare start on the left side of the defence.
- United have won all of their last 8 league encounters against West Ham but the last time these to sides met in cup competition saw the Hammers run out convincing 4-0 winners against what was effectively a youth line-up from Ferguson back in 2010.
- The two sides have met 8 times in the FA Cup, with West Ham boasting the better record having won four times, lost three and drawn once, though they haven't met the Red Devils in this competition since 2003, when they lost 6-0.
- Sam Allardyce is likely to name a strong line-up but while United will rest key players, their understudies are more than capable of picking up a result and progressing to round 4 come Saturday.