Probable Lineups Statistical Comparison
(58) 51 Goals 30 (41)
(44) 32 Assists 20 (25)
(6.7) 7.1 Average Ratings 6.9 (6.7)
38.1 Average Age 36.2
182.6 Average Height (cm) 181.8
(1.1) 1.3 Shots pg 1.4 (1)
(46%) 46% Aerial Duel Success 52% (53%)
(0.9) 0.9 Dribbles pg 0.7 (1)
(1.4) 1.5 Tackles pg 1.3 (1.5)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Premier League.
- Darron Gibson returned to action in the cup defeat to Fulham but is likely to be replaced by Gareth Barry, who is set to make his 500th Premier League appearance.
- Pienaar, Alcaraz and Kone are all nearing full fitness but could continue to miss out while Leon Osman is also a doubt after picking up a groin injury at West Ham.
- Romelu Lukaku is in competition to start with Nikica Jelavic but played in a weakened side in midweek so he could be rested.
- Yohan Cabaye should be fit having overcome a minor groin injury but Gutierrez and Ameobi remain doubtful having missed the cup action in midweek.
- Steven Taylor is still sidelined, leaving the centre-back pairing of Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa intact.
- Cheick Tiote lost his place in the side against Hull but after that defeat he will hope to return in place of Vurnon Anita.