- Manchester City will be boosted by the return of Sergio Agüero and he could make his first start since the 5-1 win over Tottenham.
- Stevan Jovetic and Matija Nastasic are Manuel Pellegrini's only injury concerns.
- Costel Pantilimon should start in goal.
- Sunderland are only sweating on the fitness of Keiren Westwood, who is close to returning to training.
- Wes Brown is set to come back into the starting XI after his ban came to an end against Arsenal.
- Gus Poyet will be expected to name his strongest team.
- Manchester City stuttered to a 1-0 win over Stoke last time out and Manuel Pellegrini will be looking for a much improved performance as he goes in hunt of his first trophy since taking over the reigns at the Etihad.
- Sunderland's recent trip to London saw them fall to a 4-1 loss to Arsenal. However, the Black Cats have enjoyed a good run against City of late, winning 2 of the last 3 meetings between the two sides.
- City will be boosted by the return of Agüero and they're favourites heading into the first domestic cup final of the season.