- Jurgen Klopp will be without quintet Ilkay Gündogan, Sven Bender, Oliver Kirch, Jakub Blaszczykowski and Neven Subotic due to injury.
- Marco Reus is a doubt having limped out of the last game of the season against Hertha.
- Klopp must decide whether to field Robert Lewandowski, who is joining Bayern in the summer, or start Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang up front.
- Mario Mandzukic will play no part in the DFB-Pokal final and has likely played his final game for the club.
- Pep Guardiola is without Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thiago Alcántara, Tom Starke and Xherdan Shaqiri as the quartet are injured.
- The Spaniard is expected to deploy Mario Götze in the false 9 role.
- Borussia Dortmund won the last meeting between the two teams 3-0 at the Allianz Arena and Jurgen Klopp will expect a similar performance from his players here. Dortmund are unbeaten in their last 8 in all competitions, winning 7, and should be confident of securing glory.
- Bayern Munich struggled to a 1-0 win over Stuttgart on the final day of the season and it remains to be seen how motivated the players are having lumbered to the end of the campaign. Nevertheless, Pep Guardiola will be expecting a much improved performance from his players against Dortmund as they aim to secure a domestic double.
- Both teams will be vying for the trophy to end the campaign on a high and it could result in an entertaining affair between the pairing that could go all the way.