- England new boys Calum Chambers and Danny Rose missed training on Monday with knocks but they are unlikely to let those rule them out of a first England cap.
- Jack Colback has been ruled out of this game but could be available for the Switzerland game next week.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has recovered from a knock and will start.
- Danny Welbeck rolled his ankle on Tuesday and is unlikely to be risked.
- 15-year-old Martin Odegaard played 90 minutes in the 0-0 draw with UAE at the weekend but has not made the squad for the friendly against England.
- Norway are preparing for a European Championship qualifier against Italy next week so will play a stronger team at Wembley.
- Much has been made of the lack of quality available to Roy Hodgson, not only because of injuries ruling the likes of Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana and Luke Shaw out of these games, but also a general dearth in real top class players.
- After a hugely disappointing World Cup, Hodgson has probably only not been replaced at the helm given a lack of other options, and he won't be cut much slack if the team slip up at all in qualification for Euro 2016.
- Both teams begin their campaigns for that tournament next week with tough fixtures, against Switzerland and Italy, respectively.
- A positive result here would do England's confidence the world of good, but this has the makings of everything about a badly-timed, underwhelming, low-paced and dull international friendly.